Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Conversation with my sister

Here's part of an IM session from this morning, edited for punctuation, capitalization, spelling, and grammar.

John: Subscribing to feeds makes it look like you're everywhere at once.
John: Yeah.
Amy: I thought you were everywhere at once!
John: No, I'm just on the Internets.
Amy: So, when I subscribe to feeds on Firefox, it makes a separate bookmark for each one. I find that a little annoying, I'd like to see them scrolling on one page.
John: Why not use Bloglines?
Amy: Yeah. I know, but I have to actually *go* to Bloglines. I want pull-style feeds. I want them in my e-mail.
John: Want, want, want.
John: You're so demanding.
John: What e-mail client do you use?
Amy: [Mac] Mail
John: Is there a plugin or something?
Amy: I think there is once I upgrade to Tigrrrrrrrr.
John: What's wrong with the bookmark thing?
John: I don't understand
John: If you have more than, say, 5 feeds, you wouldn't want each post as a separate bookmark.
John: You know what would be cool?
John: Some kind of GUI for tag clouds.
John: What if it was 3-D and they were really cloudlike?
John: You could be, like, "OK. I want the union between this tag cloud over here." Grabs tag cloud.
John: "And this one over here." Grabs tag cloud.
John: Pushes clouds together.
John: Splorch!
John: Out come the RSS feeds that match the two tags, right into your brain.

2 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Amy O'Neill Houck said...

Yeah, the tag clouds would be awesome--I wish everything was organized by tag clouds... Like, my refrigerator and pantry...

Um... What do I want for dinner? Thai... out comes limes, peanuts, tofu, noodles, etc...

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger John O'Neill said...

You wouldn't need a refrigerator door any more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home